A big, warm hello to our friends and readers! It’s been a while since we dipped our paws into the blogosphere.
Just wanted to let you know Oscar and I are not done blogging yet! We’re planning our return once the dust settles. 🙂
Please accept our sincerest apologies for disappearing from the blogging scene—the combination of summer fun, holiday weekends and stifling heat deals a mighty one-two punch!
First, a few thank yous are in order:
- Much love to our friends at Yuki the Dog for the Inspiration Award and at Just Ramblin’ for the Genuine Blogger Award! These awards have been sitting pretty in our pockets for ages, but we didn’t have the time to address this honor until now. We’re thrilled to be in the company of bloggers we love and admire.
- Enthusiastic licks to our friends at Roxy the Traveling Dog for hosting Tasman’s Natural Pet’s bison chews giveaway! Oscar was one of five lucky pups who won rawhide chips or twists. Yum!
Since we’ve been MIA for over a week, I’ll use this post as a news brief on the wonderful world of Oscar.
- On Independence Day: No offense to the Founding Fathers, but the Fourth of July is Oscar’s least favorite holiday. It’s not the barbecue or cookouts he despises, it’s the fireworks. In our neighborhood, unfortunately, the fireworks celebration encompasses three days to include the days before and after the Fourth. Let’s just say Oscar was not a happy camper.
- On beating the heat: We’re meeting the summer heat head-on with chilled drinks, fruit smoothies and salads topped with sun-dried tomatoes. Oscar’s enjoying the crunch of watermelon and the coolness of ice on his tongue. The heat hasn’t phased his appetite one bit.
- On weight loss: Oscar’s getting so confident he’ll reach his target weight before summer’s end that he’s told me to shop for his bow tie collar now. Watch out Chippendales: You better have a routine prepared for Oscah Baby. 😉
- On Twitter: Believe it or not, Twitter’s fun! We’re still very much new to Twitter, but we’re having so much fun interacting with our blogging friends. If you’d like to follow us, check out our page here.
Lastly, to our blogging friends: We heart you! Thank you for being so patient. Happy summer!
This post is part of the Saturday Pet Blogger Hop.
Powered by Linky Tools
Click here to enter your link and view this Linky Tools list…
Please accept our apologies for disappearing from the blogosphere. I suppose we got too caught up in the holiday weekend! Keep your eyes peeled for a proper post later this week. 🙂
We’re partaking in another Wordless Wednesday Hop! Click here for a list participating pet blogs.
Click here to join BlogPaws’s Wordless Wednesday Hop! Happy Hopping!
It’s Wednesday! You know what to do. Hop over to BlogPaws for Wordless Wednesday fun!
Want to participate in this week’s Wordless Wednesday Hop? Click here to enter your blog to the list!
Much to our surprise, Oscar and I returned to the blogosphere after a weekend of rest and relaxation to find not one, but two Versatile Blogger Awards waiting for us! Oscar perked up at the mention of an “award,” but was disheartened to discover it wasn’t edible. Perhaps I’ll give him an extra Zuke’s treat for being such a versatile blogger. 😉
Much love to our friends at 2 Brown Dawgs and My Little Dog for including us among their list of nominees! We’re excited to tackle the prerequisites for accepting this award, which include link loving the blogger(s) who nominated us, sharing seven facts about us and passing on the award because sharing is caring.
- Oscar’s favorite color is green. After much observation, I’ve come to the conclusion that green is Oscar’s favorite color. His favorite blanket is green, his favorite toy is green and his bed is green. When he’s not playing with his beloved squeaky turtle, the toy in his mouth is green.
- I like experimenting with my diet. I was a vegetarian for about six months until enticed by an In-N-Out burger and attempted a vegan diet that lasted less than 24 hours (LOL!).
- I’m a self-professed bibliophile. I love books. I love the smell of books, the motion of turning a page and the satisfaction of finishing a story. All of which makes transitioning to an e-reader so difficult.
- Oscar’s named after a literary character. Oscar is named after the protagonist of Junot Diaz’s The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao.
- I adore Gone With the Wind. Romance blooms in the midst of the Civil War that left the South altered and scarred. I’m betting everyone has an inner Scarlett O’Hara and/or Rhett Butler. 😉
- Oscar sometimes howls in his sleep. Probably dreaming about sirens.
- Oscar was a lean, mean street dog. Alright, he was never mean, but he was lean at one point of his life! Oscar was a stray who needed a home and when no one claimed him, we decided to make him part of the family.
Now, the final prerequisite of receiving this prize—the pleasure of passing the award to fellow bloggers! Here are some of our favorite blogs, in no particular order:
- Raising Daisy
- Le Paws Voyage
- Yuki the Dog
- Live, Bark, Love
- The Daily Toki
- Sabrina’s Pug Tails
- Snoopy’s Dogblog
- Oscar the Pooch
- According to Gus
- Wandering Wolfy
- Daily Bailey
- Sugar the Golden Retriever
- Cat Versus Human
- Kame & Kroten Blog
Thank you for making this blogging journey so enjoyable!