Please accept our sincerest apologies for disappearing from the blogging scene—the combination of summer fun, holiday weekends and stifling heat deals a mighty one-two punch!
First, a few thank yous are in order:
- Much love to our friends at Yuki the Dog for the Inspiration Award and at Just Ramblin’ for the Genuine Blogger Award! These awards have been sitting pretty in our pockets for ages, but we didn’t have the time to address this honor until now. We’re thrilled to be in the company of bloggers we love and admire.
- Enthusiastic licks to our friends at Roxy the Traveling Dog for hosting Tasman’s Natural Pet’s bison chews giveaway! Oscar was one of five lucky pups who won rawhide chips or twists. Yum!
Since we’ve been MIA for over a week, I’ll use this post as a news brief on the wonderful world of Oscar.
- On Independence Day: No offense to the Founding Fathers, but the Fourth of July is Oscar’s least favorite holiday. It’s not the barbecue or cookouts he despises, it’s the fireworks. In our neighborhood, unfortunately, the fireworks celebration encompasses three days to include the days before and after the Fourth. Let’s just say Oscar was not a happy camper.
- On beating the heat: We’re meeting the summer heat head-on with chilled drinks, fruit smoothies and salads topped with sun-dried tomatoes. Oscar’s enjoying the crunch of watermelon and the coolness of ice on his tongue. The heat hasn’t phased his appetite one bit.
- On weight loss: Oscar’s getting so confident he’ll reach his target weight before summer’s end that he’s told me to shop for his bow tie collar now. Watch out Chippendales: You better have a routine prepared for Oscah Baby.😉
- On Twitter: Believe it or not, Twitter’s fun! We’re still very much new to Twitter, but we’re having so much fun interacting with our blogging friends. If you’d like to follow us, check out our page here.
Lastly, to our blogging friends: We heart you! Thank you for being so patient. Happy summer!
This post is part of the Saturday Pet Blogger Hop.
Powered by Linky Tools
Click here to enter your link and view this Linky Tools list…